Cold remedies flu symptomsSpring to heal the throat
This plant (Primula veris) exerts a balsamic and mucolytic action . The decoction of its root serves to clear the throat and expel mucus. Useful when the person feels cold, with much congestion, sneezing and even some fever.
How it is taken: The root is used, but also its leaves and flowers infused. As it can be something bland, if you want to give flavor you can add lemon juice.
Violet against cough
When the cold is presented with a persistent cough or something explosive , the violet flower (Viola odorata) may be an interesting option. Softens cough and decongests . Your salicylic acid helps relieve pain by "slamming" and heavy head feeling. Its sudorific effect helps to reduce fever.
How it is taken: In simple infusion, or combined with poppy petals. The ratio is one tablespoon of the mixture per cup. Leave eight minutes at rest.
|Home remedies for cold and flu | Natural remedies to relieve cold remedies flu symptoms 2019|
Hyssop against mucus
This plant offers a complete remedy to calm the cough , clear the nose and the respiratory tract, since it helps to eliminate excessive mucus . Because of its antiseptic effect , it helps if the cold results in a flu infection.
How it is taken: Mixed florets of hyssop (Hyssopus officinalis) are mixed in equal parts with mint, at the rate of one tablespoon of the mixture per cup of water. Boil two minutes and strain. It has a delicate flavor that mint enhances.
Planting an elderberry (Sambucus nigra) near the farm was once a wise habit, because of the medicinal possibilities of this tree. It stands out for its sudorific and diuretic virtues , very useful for combating flu-like processes.
How it is taken: The flowers of elderberry are usually taken in infusion combined with plantain , which reduces the irritation of the mucous membranes . Two to three hot cups a day are advised. The drink has a sweet and mellow flavor that pleases many.
Ginger against coldThe rhizome of ginger is revealed as a great resource to combat the symptoms of the common cold. It is recommended to fight against coughing fits , muscle pain, headache and fever decimas.
How it is taken: Cut a slice of fresh ginger (or 3 g of dry powder), add it to cold water and boil for five minutes . Let it sit and sneak. You can add honey to mitigate the strong and somewhat spicy flavor of ginger.
Malva in acute coldMallow (Malva sylvestris) is often the best solution for the classic cold that occurs suddenly with acute nasal congestion, itching in the throat and fits of cough, most of the time irritative.
How it is taken: In simple infusion or with green anise seeds . The ratio is one tablespoon of the mixture per cup that is infused ten minutes and strained. The drink has a dark color and an herbaceous flavor that the anise manages to sweeten.
NATURAL REMEDIES AGAINST COLDS AND FLU
The herbs are not wonders of infallible action, but they can be a valuable help to prevent you flus and colds you suffer with every change of season, so variations in temperature and humidity as "catch you " with a defense somewhat lower . And even more if you are a person especially sensitive to contract any virus in circulation.
Which plants are convenient for you?
With an adequate prevention and a gentle treatment you can avoid taking a conventional analgesic, an antibiotic or an anti-inflammatory (which can block the defensive capacity of your body). Often the herbs prevent the problem from going any further.
- To prevent the attack of viruses and bacteria , "up" your defenses using lymphatic action plants , that is, they stimulate the production of white blood cells (cells of immunity) and their ability to move more quickly.
- The echinacea is the herb "protective" par excellence, especially for chronic recurrent infections or , together with the talus , which accelerates the formation and speed of the "defenders" cells, and schisandra , which increases the body's resistance against possible attacks .
- If you have already had a cold , chest-action herbs offer a harmless alternative that in many cases will prevent you from taking a stronger and unnatural medication, and even having to go to the doctor. A very hot infusion of elder, thyme or ginger is a great help to fight viral and bacterial aggressions .
- Often, after beating a cold or flu, your body is exhausted. There are plants that, once passed the infection, favor the complete recovery , like the dogrose or the eupatoria , that contribute to the recovery of the defenses.
- The elecampane is very effective against viruses and bacteria. It also calms dry cough and facilitates expectoration . It contributes a very remarkable antiseptic effect , of great help to shorten the states of convalescence due to a viral or bacterial infection .
- In the case of a dry and irritative cough , the Drosera is the best option as it fights the foci of infection and helps to expel the mucus. It can be taken in syrup, infusion or liquid extract.
With honey and lemon, more benefitMany bitter infusions can be enriched with flavor and properties by adding a little honey and lemon.
- The honey multiplies the beneficial effect of tisanes. It also improves the absorption of its active ingredients and is very useful in the treatment of colds and respiratory infections. It's better than adding sugar.
- The lemon is another basic addition to the tisanes that are used against colds and flu. Squeeze a lemon, heat the juice for a minute and add two teaspoons to the tisane. It is antiviral and anticongestive.